This visa replaced the 187 visa starting November 16,2109. It is allocated 10,000 places per year.
- It requires employer sponsorship from a regional employer (Employment must be full time and likely available to 5 years)
- It has a 45 year age limit (exemptions apply).
- Must meet competent English requirements
- Must be verified by the regional certigying bodies
- Must be earning at least $53,900 per year
Pathway to permanent Residency :
- Must live and work for 3 years on the 494 visa in regional areas to get Permanent Residence (Skilled Regional) 191 Visa
- Can move between jobs but will have 90 days to find a new nominator
- Cannot apply for any other skilled PR or 820 partner visa for 3 years
- Eligible for Medicare on 494 visa – Health insurance not required