190 visa is point based stream for skilled workers who are nominated by an Australian state or territory government which allows you to live and work permanently. To become eligible to apply for 190 visa, you must:
- Have an occupation of the relevant skilled list (Skilled Occupation list)
- Have a suitable skills assessment for the occupation
- Be invited to apply for this visa by a State or Territory Government
- Satisfy the points test.
Nomination by State or Territory Government.
Depending on the occupations that are in demand, each state and territory government have their own list of occupations and requirements in relation to the specified occupation. After you submit a completed EOI , State and territory government agencies can see your completed EOI and might nominate you for the visa.If you are nominated for thie visa you will be invited to apply .
- For your application to be valid, you must declare that you have a suitable skills assessment at the time of invitation.
- You will need to provide a copy of this skills assessment with your application.
- Your skills assessment must have been obtained in the 3 years before the date of your invitation. If the assessment was for a shorter period, that period must not have passed
- If your skills were assessed on the basis of a qualification you got in Australia when you held a student visa, the qualification must be from studying a course registered on CRICOS.