At FourSquare Migration, we help individuals secure visas (190) in Melbourne. The 190 visa is a point-based stream for skilled workers. These workers are nominated by an Australian state or territory government, allowing them to live and work permanently. To become eligible to apply for a 190 skilled visa, you must:
- Have an occupation on the relevant skilled list (Skilled Occupation list)
- Have a suitable skills assessment for the occupation
- Be invited to apply for the subclass 190 visa by a State or Territory Government
- Satisfy the points test
Nomination by State or Territory Government
Depending on the occupations that are in demand, each state and territory government has its own list of occupations and requirements. After you submit a completed EOI, it will be reviewed by the relevant state/territory government, which can then choose to nominate you. If you are nominated for the skilled 190 visa, you will be invited to apply.
Whether applying for 190 visa in Melbourne, Sydney or anywhere else in Australia, you’ll need to complete a skills assessment. Here is a rundown:
- For your application to be valid, you must declare that you have a suitable skills assessment at the time of invitation.
- You will need to provide a copy of this skills assessment with your application.
- Your skills assessment must have been obtained three years before the date of your invitation. If the assessment was for a shorter period, that period must not have passed
- If your skills were assessed on the basis of a qualification you got in Australia when you held a student visa, the qualification must be from studying a course registered on CRICOS.
For more information about obtaining a 190 visa in Melbourne, contact the experts at FourSquare Migration today.